Friday, December 23, 2005

I feel your pain

During this holiday season, I know so many of you are wandering around in a daze, saying, "What, oh what can I buy my comics-reading friends for [insert culturally sensitive celebration here] so that they know I care? What can I get them that will prove that I know what I'm talking about when I talk about comics and isn't just another Geoff Johns/Brian Bendis/Mark Millar/Grant Morrison/Greg Rucka trade paperback? What, oh what?!?!?"

I feel your pain, friends. If you're looking for a sadly neglected classic, read my latest Comics You Should Own column! It features Big Numbers, the abortive masterpiece by the shaggy man himself, the Numbskull of Northampton, the Kook of Komiks, Alan Moore! Plus, unbelievably good art by Bill Sienkiewicz. Read it, then scour the cons for the two issues that actually exist! Then thank me for pointing out something to impress your friends with.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better believe it! Bill Sink (that's what I type when I'm too lazy to do the whole thing. Though the length of this explanation makes it sort of a moot point.) is one of my absolute favorites.

12/23/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See Eddie Campbell's fantastic How To Be An Artist for a wonderful history of Big Numbers.

12/24/2005 05:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home