Monday, August 01, 2005

You Decide 2005 (August)

Time again for the latest edition of You Decide 2005.

The offer, as always, is as follows:

You folks out there all pick a comic title that you think is good (let's try to keep it recent, unless it is an older story available in trade format), and I'll try to hunt down a couple of issues or a trade (no guarantees I'll find them, but I think I'll be able to do okay), read them, and put up an entry about it.

It may not be instanteous, but I eventually get around to every title! Last month, only two picks, but I am currently picking up both of the titles.

I also have Stray Toasters, which was a June pick, which I will put up a bit on this week or next.

So a whole entry just on one comic that you think is cool...hopefully it will bring the attention of our two blog readers (plus the 9 other blog writers, so hey, that's ELEVEN possible new readers!!!).

Sound cool?

If so, then you decide!!

Read More

11 Comments:

Blogger TPJ said...

Black Hole by Charles Burns

8/01/2005 09:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tales Design To Thrizzle by Michael Kupperman

8/01/2005 04:48:00 PM  
Blogger TPJ said...

Alright, Black Hole is supposed to be out in hardcover in October. It can wait. While you can find complete runs of the singles on eBay, the hardcover will be much cheaper.

8/01/2005 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dream Police #1 by J. Michael Straczynski.

8/02/2005 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

An easy one, at last!

I can certainly get Dream Police.

8/02/2005 01:26:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Say, what happened to my comment?

Weird.

In any event, my comment is gone, but Tamas replied to it, so it WAS there...hehe.

I said that I could not get ahold of either Black Hole or Tales Designed to Thrizzle.

Thrizzle, though, I should be able to get ahold of at another comic store.

8/02/2005 01:27:00 AM  
Blogger MarkAndrew said...

Rabbithead.

Still.

Or else Stray Toasters.

Still.

Or Beanworld, but apparently it's impossible to find a copy of Beanworld in New York, despite the fact that I've found six (Six!) comics stores in Central Michigan that have volume one in stock.

8/02/2005 02:56:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

I HAVE Stray Toasters, you bastard!

I mentioned it in the post!

8/02/2005 05:26:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Capital idea, Pol!

8/04/2005 05:56:00 AM  
Blogger MarkAndrew said...

Hooray!

8/05/2005 12:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scars by Warren Ellis and Jacen Burrows.
Published by Avatar.
Good little cop story horror thing.
Reminds me of French Connection or Narc.

8/08/2005 08:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home