Thursday, July 28, 2005

Do you too want to write and draw good comics?

I was going to post this a while ago, but kept forgetting. Now is as good a time as any, I suppose.

About a month ago, DC Conspiracy had a post about submissions guidelines. The whole post is here, but I thought I'd steal the links to the guidelines and post them here. That way, if you have an excellent comic book story that NEEDS TO BE TOLD, you can submit it. Then we here can rip it to shreds. It's the circle of life, people!

Marvel

DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm

Image

Dark Horse

Oni - don't go there. Apparently they're chock full of good stuff and will shred your submission (or use it in dark and mysterious ways - either way, it ain't getting through).

Top Shelf

AiT/Planet Lar

Tokyo Pop

Antarctic

Speakeasy

Avatar

IDW

See how I want you all to make good comics? See how my own mediocre talents are only geared toward tearing down what others create? See how I want more creating so I will have a purpose in life? Get to work!

Read More

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Thanks for the link. In addition to that article, my article on the same blog "Here's the Thing..." deals with how to really break into the industry (and for starters, don't send blind submissions) and Mat Dembicki's article "The Small Presser" talks about how to do it yourself.

Just so you know, we got some good stuff going on.

7/29/2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Bill Reed said...

I have armfuls of comic ideas, yes. Unfortunately, they either don't want writers or they want whole products. And... I don't know any free artists... *weeps openly*

Heh.

7/29/2005 01:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home