Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Who the hell am I?

Hi everybody (say it in your best Nick Riviera voice). I'm Greg Burgas, and Brian nicely invited me to be a contributor to this blog. I'm not as angry as Alex (that's not a dig; I liked his anger) and I'm probably not as smart as Joe Rice, but I know a thing or two about comics, so I'll be saying what I think here.

I started buying comics in 1988, when my best friend (then and now) told me that Batman #426 would be interesting, since they were going to kill off Robin. Mike Mignola's cover pulled me in, and an addiction was born. Now I have long boxes threatening to take over my garage and a patient wife who shakes her head whenever I wax poetically about how cool Dazzler is. Such is the life of a comics geek.

I do some comics-related stuff over at my other blog, Delenda Est Carthago (I'm also a history nerd), but nothing to do with comics-related news or future comics - I just don't have the time to scan the comics web sites when others do it so much better than I do. Every week I'll tell you what comics I bought and if they're any good, and I've been going through my back issues to tell you what comics you should own - next up: The Atlantis Chronicles! (In a few weeks - I have to re-read them.) I also pull some other weird crap out of my head occasionally - just a few days ago I wondered if there are any good murder mysteries in comics. So that's what I'm going to be doing on this blog - no covers of upcoming issues (I'm a Luddite, so all this tech is a little beyond me), no bashing of John Byrne (well, maybe a little), and no slavish fanboy crap (I'm a fanboy, sure, but I have a brain). Just what I like and why - feel free to disagree - this is America (still)!

If you like Marillion and ABBA, we'll get along fine.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cronin said...

ABBA?

I think I made a terrible mistake...

3/22/2005 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

It's right there on the top of my blog, so you have only yourself to blame! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

3/22/2005 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Blast.

Once again undone by my poor literacy skills.

3/22/2005 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

TWO terrible mistakes...

3/22/2005 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

Shut it, all of you. I fucking love ABBA.

3/22/2005 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

I don't know about the ABBA thing, but it's good to see on the roster for this blog. I've enjoyed your own blog for a little while now, so now I'll have reason to start reading this one again.

3/23/2005 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Ah, I feel the love. ABBA does rule.

3/23/2005 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home