Wednesday, March 23, 2005

And Then There Was Pol

The hits just keep on coming!

Welcome to the blog the latest new contributor, Pól Rua!

Note that we will call him Pól, as we already have two Pauls.

Pól is great.

You will all love him.

And not argue with him, for he is all-knowing and lovable.

Welcome, Pól!!


Blogger Pól Rua said...

Good evening.
After such a sterling invite to such an auspicious group of hooligans, it would be remiss of me not to give the ever popular intro.
Most of you already know me, but for those who don't here's a very brief potted history.

I'm Pól. I've been a comic fan since before I could read the suckers. Raised on a steady diet of Thunderbirds, Adam West Batman, Space Ghost, Speed Racer and the Superfriends, comics have pretty much been a major part of my life since I was a kid, and of course, now I'm working in a comic store. Oh yeah, living the dream, kids.
I'll read pretty much anything, play devil's advocate on almost any topic, and still derive a great deal of honest, heartwarming, clean-living joy from me beloved funnybooks. Probably my favourite thing about comics these days is the diversity of genre, style, audience and approach available today.
My second favourite thing in comics is introducing people to their new favourite comics.
I like Paul Grist's Jack Staff, Eric Powell's The Goon, Kagan MacLeod's Infinite Kung Fu, and am ecstatic that Grimjack, with Truman and Ostrander, is back.

Initially, I was a little uncertain about this, as I really was digging the whole Seven Soldiers motif, however, the original Seven Soldiers had a shitload more than seven members, as I recall, you've got Shining Knight, Vigilante, Green Arrow, Speedy, Star Spangled Kid, Stripesy, Crimson Avenger, Wing, Stuff the Chinatown Kid... christ I think Shining Knight even had a sidekick.
Anyway, there were more than seven of 'em.

Hell, I'll be Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks.

Just don't call me late for dinner.

3/23/2005 07:57:00 AM  
Blogger Ronald Bryan said...

Is this why you were asking Pol's real name, Brian?

I only have one word for that:


3/23/2005 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Brad Curran said...

"Is this why you were asking Pol's real name, Brian?

I only have one word for that:


Are you going to take that, Cronin? Ron using your adjective on your blog? I would hope not. You're the Arbiter of Lame, damn it! No one declares things lame but you! And if you don't flay Ron for this, well, you're lame.

Shit, see what happened? Now I'm doing it.

3/23/2005 10:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home