Thursday, February 03, 2005

I quit!

That's right, loyal audience of three. I quit. No more of this for me. Why am I quitting? Was it Brian's Sabrina bit? Was it crappy Marvel comics this week? Was it chance lurking on message boards and being reminded of just how stupid online comic fans really are? NO, it wasn't any of these things.

It's the fact that I'm moving tomorrow and going on a school business trip on Sunday. I didn't get comics this week and I won't get them next. So I quit. Until I get back. Then I'll start again.

OH MAN I TOTALLY GOT YOU THERE! FACE! YOU ARE SOOOOO GOTTEN!

But this wouldn't be a proper post without some comics talk, so let's have at it, even if I didn't go to the shop this week.

Samarai Executioner is good comics. It's not Lone Wolf in Cub, but every rocking album isn't Back in Black, either. Read it and love Asa.

On the other hand, Alex loaned me some Knights of the Dinner Table comics. I've recently returned to the childhood hobby of playing role playing games. Maybe I haven't played enough, but I don't understand the appeal of this comic at all. Completely unlikable characters talking a lot and sometimes making things I think are jokes. Sorry, folks, this one was totally lost on me.

Also awful: old Super Powers comics. Yes, Kirby was a genius. But even Einstein farted from time to time. Bleah. Ugly, dumb, awful comics.

And "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" is still great stuff, even if the Perez inks make the lovely Swan art seem overly stiff.

Anyway, moving sucks, especially when you're sick as a dog. Wish me luck.

5 Comments:

Blogger MarkAndrew said...

Awww. Who's gonna review my media for me? It's not gonna review itself, ya know.

And I like both Knights of the Dinner Table and Super Powers, but not enough to defend them.

And good luck.

2/04/2005 12:44:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

If you need help moving, I am available.

2/04/2005 03:56:00 AM  
Blogger Bastarður Víkinga said...

What was Lone Wolf doing in the Cub?

2/04/2005 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Excellent question.

I recommend wholesome comics, and Joe recommends incestual sodomy.

For shame.

2/04/2005 06:29:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

Thanks for the well-wishes and offers. I've hired some people to do it for me. I'm upper crust now, don't you know (I say while sitting in my tighty-whities).

As for my "in" typo, someone had to return balance to the continuum after the Sabrina snafu.

2/04/2005 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home