Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Blatant Spin Makes Me Laugh

As you may or may not know, the artist Jae Lee has signed an exclusive contract with Marvel Comics.

He did so while working on a Batman comic for DC. His deal allowed for him to finish the DC project, but since DC was "displeased with his progress" (sounds like a codeword for "They were unhappy I was late"), they said, "Just go."

Okay, so today, the solicitations for that Batman project were released.

Here is what it says:

BATMAN: JEKYLL & HYDE #1
Written by Paul Jenkins
Art and Jae Lee
Cover by Sean Phillips
"man is not truly one, but truly two." - R.L. Stevenson, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Never has that been better demonstrated than in Batman's conflicted foe Two-Face, the subject of the new 6-issue miniseries BATMAN: JEKYLL & HYDE by writer Paul Jenkins (Peter Parker: Spider-Man)!
Expressing the dual nature of the villain, the miniseries will feature visuals by two distinct artists: Jae Lee (Inhumans) illustrates issues #1-3, while Sean Phillips (SLEEPER) draws issues #4-6!

I italicized the comments that made me laugh.

Isn't blatant spin amusing?

Please note that I am not blaming them for doing it. Heck, I am sort of impressed with how clean the spin fit. It just made me laugh, and I thought it might make others laugh as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home