Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Xeric Grant Is Good!

As I've spoken about it in the past, the Xeric Grant is one of the coolest things that has happened to comics in the past two decades. A great example of a creator (Peter Laird) giving back to the comic book community, giving creators some money to further their comic book endeavors with.

Anyhow, the latest grant winners were announced just recently, so I figured I'd share them with you folks here, in case you didn't see them.

Emily Blair – Living Statues
Alexis Frederick-Frost – La Primavera
Joshua Kemble – NUMB
Jason McNamara and Tony Talbert – First Moon
Nate Neal – (Bison image)
Pat Palermo – Cut Flowers
Mark Price – Consider Everything in Bad Shape

I am not familiar with this group, outside of McNamara and Talbert, who I know from the preview of their upcoming project from AiT/Planet Lar, "Continuity."

Would anyone mind sharing what they know about these comic creators? I'd love to know more about Xeric Grant winners.

See the recipients!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it's wonderful, but I'm sick of them always trying to tie everything in to the X-Men.

And I certainly wasn't consulted.

5/10/2006 07:36:00 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Thank you right kindly, Craig.

5/13/2006 04:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home