Friday, May 05, 2006

An Interesting Solution for Bad Comics

Did y'all see this new promotion Devil's Due is doing? Tear off the cover of any DC or Marvel book that you disliked, send it in to Devil's Due along with a list of three Devil's Due comics that you'd like, and they'll send you one of their books.

Now, don't get me wrong, this doesn't mean that I'm saying Devil's Due's books are any better (I think their Hunt for Cobra Commander 25 cent comic was probably the worst promotional comic I recall ever reading), but I do applaud their clever sales approach.

And hey, Joe Casey IS writing G.I. Joe: America's Elite!! We all like Joe Casey, don't we?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but Flint's one of the leads. And Flint sucks. Even more now that Lady Jaye is dead.

5/05/2006 08:43:00 PM  
Blogger Sleestak said...

Uh oh. Can comic stores return to DC and Marvel all those vandalized issues they will find on their racks?

5/05/2006 09:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if the Devil's Due books stink. Who do we send them to?

5/05/2006 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Edward Liu said...

Hey, where is this promotion? DDP has a few books I'd like to check out but not pay for, and I have a bunch of loser DC and Marvel titles that I probably couldn't give away or sell on eBay.

5/08/2006 01:12:00 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

They just began it. On the inside front cover of the dreadful Hunt for Cobra Commander quarter comic.

5/08/2006 10:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home