Thursday, August 18, 2005

Guest Entry - "Really, What WERE They Thinking?"

Hi there. My name’s Mordechai Luchins and I’ll be your guest blogger today.

I usually do this in my own blog, but Brian threatened me with embarrassing photos, so you guys get to see it too.

What is “this”?

Lately, I’ve been making my way through complete runs of comics. We’re talking The Avengers, World’s Finest, Brave & The Bold… good stuff, all of it. However, I’ve discovered something fascinating:

No matter what era you look at, Gold, Silver, Bronze, or Modern, some comic book creators were clearly crazy for the crack rock. It’s the only explanation for what I’ve found.

If you’re familiar with Superdickery.com or Scott Shaw’s Oddball Comics, then you know that there are some crazy covers out there. What you may not know is that there are some equally bizarre things going on INSIDE the books as well.

So for the nice people at Comics Should Be Good, I give you five examples of panels that made me go “WTF?”:

5: Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Brought to you by Roy “Math is HARD” Thomas, this misogynistic portrayal of The Wasp is pretty standard. Basically, we’re reminded time and time again that she (and Wanda as well” are mere women and should go make Hawkeye a sammich.

4: Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Look our Richard! He’s got a hair-crimper and he’s not afraid to use it!

3. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay, corrosive pee has to be the Worst Power Ever. Am I right folks?

2. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This just in folks, believing in “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness” is treasonous! Someone tell the Founding Fathers.

Also, I’m not touching the many, many jokes about Superman and Batman traitors for being Pro-Choice.

Darn, just did.

And number one…

1. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Say that out loud.

“Batpoon”.

Heh.

Anyway, those are just five of the literal hundreds of panels/covers I’ve come across in my reading. For more wackiness, be sure to check out “What Were They Thinking” every Monday through Friday

Tell ‘em Namor sent you!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Read More

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I'm just wondering why George Lucas brainwashed Batman and Superman. He's the real traitor!

8/18/2005 04:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I read the newspapers and watch television "news" as of late, I think that comic with Bat-Man and Superman foretold the coming of conservative pundits.
"Imaginary Story" indeed!

8/18/2005 09:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had hoped your blog "What Were The Thinking?" would be awesome, but it's all easy sex/dick/gay jokes and cheap innuendos.

Try harder, please.

Thanks.

8/20/2005 07:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes master, sorry master.

Hey, did you bother to read the entries about women in comics?

Guess not.

8/21/2005 09:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home