Monday, February 14, 2005

Don't Call It a Comeback

Man oh man.

I had a move from hell. I got dicked around by all kinds of folks, took a business trip to Florida, and then got dicked around some more. So I just now get phone/email access and all that sort of business. And, even though I got to see a bit while I was in Florida, the blog has flown by me. I see we have hundreds of visits a day and that blows my mind. But then I think about how often I used to check Fat Chicks in Party Hats and I remember that nobody gives a shit.

I haven't even bought comics in two weeks. Two weeks! I've got the shakes something awful. And such good stuff has come out. I can't wait. But you know what's intimidating? Three weeks worth of comics. Ever seen a stack like that? Geez oh Pete, it's awful! So much . . .and if you're going to review them, just be ready to have some sore fingers.

The things I go through for you people . . .

So as I was packing, I kept finding stacks and stacks and bags and boxes full of comics. Faced with packing and moving everything, I took a more critical look at what I had. I ended up throwing away about 50% of my comics. If I didn't LOVE it, it was gone. Things I once liked but grew tired of? Adios. Things I got because they were supposed to be good? Bye. Things I actually did and still do like, but just not enough? To the curb. Along with a bunch of VHS tapes, CDs, and what not, I threw it all out in front of my apartment. Within a few hours it was gone. So hopefully someone will find a way to enjoy ungreat comics. Or wrap a lot of gifts or something. (So, if any of you faithful readers found a magic stack of free comics on Bushwick Avenue a couple weeks ago, you're welcome. Be glad I didn't have time to burn them with glee.)

So, yeah, I'm back. Time to make some COMMENTS! I know you all can't wait to hear my oh-so-important thoughts on perfection, Kevin Smith, and who would win in a P. vs. Alex wrestling match.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

February is the cruelest month.

2/14/2005 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Michael is funny.

Welcome back, Joe!

2/14/2005 06:14:00 PM  
Blogger Ed said...

P. He's married. Marriage makes men out of sissies like us.

2/14/2005 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger Mr. Rice said...

I know Mrs. Teel could take Alex like THAT, but P-dot is still an x-factor.

2/15/2005 09:41:00 AM  
Blogger obsolete said...

I could take Alex.

To the movies on a date.

2/15/2005 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home