Friday, March 10, 2006

Mini In Size, Huge In Talent

Attention, folks! The deadline for this year's Isotope Award for Excellence in Mini-Comics is almost upon us! You have only until March 15th to get 5 copies of your mini-comic to Isotope Comics at 326 Fell St. San Francisco, CA 94102!! Remember, the Isotope was (at least partially) responsible for all of us knowing about such great creators as the first three winners, Rob Osborne, Josh Cotter and Daniel Merlin Goodbrey, so the Isotope Award is a great service that Isotope Comics does for the comic industry as a whole.

Speaking of Josh Cotter, just to TOTALLY blow our minds, James Sime and the gang at Isotope Comics, in accordance with AdHouse Books, posted this preview of the latest issue (out in June!) of Cotter's Skyscrapers of the Midwest (#3, to be precise)!!

If you recall, I am a huge fan of Cotter's brutally evocative work, and from the looks of this preview, #3 is the same level of coolness as #1 and 2.

Just for fun, folks, while all those mini-comic makers out there are sending in their entries to Isotope, why not share with me your favorite mini-comics of the past year!

Heck, while we're at it, let me also yell at you mini-comic makers out there a bit! You aren't sending me enough of your comics!! If you send me your comics, I will give them their own review here. See? Win-win situation! You get me to write about the comic here, and I get free comics (which I always love)!! Mailing info can be found here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wizard of Us said...

I'm still mildly haunted by a mini-preview of a comic which as far as I know was never published in its full format: Retrofit.

The artist, Leanne Buckley is still doing great work:

http://www.hekeba.com/leanne/

The writer (Brian Yu, I think)? I can't find a trace of him. Pity, too. The preview was very clever and engaging.

3/10/2006 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, I was absolutely blown away by the first two issues of Skyscrapers. Just wonderful, wonderful comics, and I can't wait. Thanks!

3/10/2006 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home