Wednesday, June 08, 2005

How House of M Could Be Better (Could Be Worse, too...)

I'm so proud of this idea I came up with to improve House of M that I had to repost it here. Like all current superhero stories, it's firmly entrenched in existing continuity, complete with references to past stories, or in this case, posts. It also shamelessly steals better writers ideas shamelessly. It might piss of Johnanna Draper Carlson, too, if she thinks I'm making fun of her. (I'm not. Completely). Read it anyway:

I just thought of the way House of M could be done right. Well, another way, besides Milo's "pubic corn field" pitch. It's not that good. But anyway, what if all of the heroes had a nice six issue long intervention with Wanda? It's a Bendis written comic, so it's not that much of a stretch. At the end of this dynamic conversation, Wanda realizes that she shouldn't be distraught about not being able to have children because it's offensive, out-dated, sexist, and stupid. All of the male heroes rethink their gender politics, and become more enlightened. And then they all team-up for the climatic fight scene with a thinly veiled Jesse Baker, after he points out that fucking Wanda can fucking have shit damn children, and then references a bunch of Avengers stories 5 people can get worked up about, thus making him a villain that makes Dr. Doom think "Man, that guy's pretty evil." Also, Phoenix dies. Again. We can work the pubic corn field in there, too, if we can add another issue for all that story.

Oh, right, also; it would draw and quarter the internet! You know you want to read it now. E-Mail Joe Quesada and tell him. Launch my comics career. Or at least annoy him.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Works for me.

6/08/2005 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

I can't wait until the end of the Bendis Age. I really can't.

*sighs*

6/08/2005 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger T. said...

Thought the book was pretty good personally. What mainstream superhero writer at the big 2 is better right now outside of Morrison?

6/08/2005 08:27:00 PM  
Blogger Dupree said...

How many women do you know would not get upset if they couldn't have childred? How in the hell is that sexist? I guess my aunt is sexist due to the fact she got depressed when she learned she couldn't have children when she already had 2 and at the time over 35.

6/08/2005 08:39:00 PM  
Blogger Brad Curran said...

"How many women do you know would not get upset if they couldn't have childred? How in the hell is that sexist? I guess my aunt is sexist due to the fact she got depressed when she learned she couldn't have children when she already had 2 and at the time over 35."

For clarity, I am quoting Johanna there. You can find a link to her original review of the issue here:

http://www.comicsworthreading.com/blog/2005/06/comics-misogyny-and-house-of-m-1.html

6/08/2005 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger Brad Curran said...

"Thought the book was pretty good personally. What mainstream superhero writer at the big 2 is better right now outside of Morrison?"

I haven't read it yet. I like Bendis, myself. Ultimate Spidey helped get me back in to comics, and while I am not madly in love with his what I've read of his DD run, I have enjoyed it. Like his indie work and Alias, too. However, I'd say that, outside of Morrison, who is my supeficition king as well, I like the superhero work of Brian Vaughan and Ed Brubaker more than Bendis's. Maybe even Millar and Waid, when they're on. I'd like to say Kirkman, but I haven't read much of his stuff.

That said, I haven't read much of his Avengers, because I just don't think he's a good fit for that kind of comic, and the reviews have not made me feel like I was wrong. I'm curious about House of M, because I have a soft spot for "a universe gone mad" stories. Like everything Bendis writes, though, I'm waiting for the trade. That, and I'm sure as hell not buying the tie-ins.

6/08/2005 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger averagejoe said...

Yeah, i will be really happy when Bendis just creates his own comics and leaves Marvel and DC alone.

6/09/2005 09:04:00 AM  
Blogger cheng said...

What do you know LOTRO Gold. And do you want to know? You can get Lord Of The Rings Gold here. And welcome to our website, here you can play games, and you will buy LOTRO Gold to play game. And it is very interesting.Do you want a try, come and view our website, and you will learn much about cheap Lord Of The Rings Gold. Come and join with us. We are waiting for your coming.

3/25/2009 10:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home