Friday, May 20, 2005

What Did You Think They Did With All Of Those Unsold Copies?

The following is taken from an IM conversation with a fellow bloger. For the sake of protecting the man's anonymity and not sullying his reputation I will use a variety of words spell check suggests in place of his name. If you figure out which member of the Comics Should Be Good Bullpen I talked to, I might send you something. It might be a comic or it might be an abstract concept like scorn. I'm unpredictable like that.

Brad: I just realized that there's a reason beyond the fact that I'm extremely lazy as to why I will never be able to write Spider-Man. I'd want to bring back Silver Sable and the Wild Pack.
Thatch: I'd buy it
Brad: After hearing Silver Sable Joe Quesada would probably try to heave me out of a window.
Brad: But I weight 255 pounds, so he'd have to settle with throwing unsold copies of the Marville trade at me.
Tedious: He's got Ultimate Adventures too
Toadies: So you could be buried
Brad: He edited that, so he saves that for emergencies.
Brad: Like what he uses to beat Bendis about the head with when he asks to write less comics.
Brad: "But Joe, what the fuck am I doing writing Avengers?"
Brad: Kapow! Ultimate Adventures upside the head.
Tidies: That should be a blog post.

And now it is. Don't you just love push button publishing?

9 Comments:

Blogger Justin Davis said...

Thief.

5/21/2005 03:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Brad Curran said...

It was a homage.

5/21/2005 04:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Brad Curran said...

It was a homage.

5/21/2005 04:16:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

I would guess, but it would be kinda unfair.

As you only talk to two of us on IM, and since it's not me...

5/21/2005 04:17:00 AM  
Blogger Brian Cronin said...

Or was that just me trying to throw people off the scent?!?!?!

Ooooooh....mysterious!

5/21/2005 04:17:00 AM  
Blogger Justin Davis said...

Look, it's so obvious he's a thief, that he had to say it twice.

Also, he talks to me often, but it's not like that's anything to be proud of. For anyone involved.

Especially a thief.

5/21/2005 04:20:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

To answer the question:

The two magic phrases "print-to-order" and :non-returnable" pretty much guarantee that there were few, if no, unsold copies of the Marville trade, and certainly none lying around the Marvel offices. I suppose there may be a few the bookstores were dumb enough to order, but beyond that, not much.

5/21/2005 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Joe Rice said...

You so obviously were IMing with Tadghaghghghtg, He Without A Real Name Like A Normal Fucking Person.

5/22/2005 07:08:00 PM  
Blogger cheng said...

What do you know maple mesos. And do you want to know? You can get mesos here. And welcome to view our website, here you can play games, and you will get cheap mesos to play game. I know maplestory mesos, and it is very interesting.Do you want a try, come and view our website, and you will learn much about maple story mesos. Come and join with us. We are waiting for your coming.

3/25/2009 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home